Sunday, March 02, 2008

Thesis Process

So the last semester has been my "Senior Thesis" work, besides the other classes on top of that, so I havent been able to do as much as i wish, but I'm starting to get into something I feel like, these are a few things Ive been working on.

1. My thesis is based around why I have always wanted to be a graphic designer, which is that i have always wanted to design album covers and tshirts for bands basically, ever since I started going to shows when I was younger. So I started researching these bands in the mid 90's, bands in the relm of Hot Water Music, Small Brown Bike and At the Drive In. and researching what there imagry was and how it was created. I also researched older bands such as The Beatles.
I then attempted to make designs off of the research I did, not necissarily referencing the bands or the imagry they already had, but the music and the lyrics. some things came out of that but not much.
I came up with two landscapes out of that based on lyrics and album titles. I'm enjoying that exploration, so Im going with it. These are a few I have been working on the last few days.




Some Logo ideas.V I'm also working "slowly" on the packaging on the soon to be tshirts, and a logo for the whole project, "which i guess is basically a limited edition Tshirt line. I want to have tags for all the shirts, and logos to go with them.
Some other ideas. not sure if i'll continue with them.



1 comment:

Whitney said...

Those are so freaking gorgeous, mister.