Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Internship

I started interning at a local art and music venue lately called SPACE Gallery, if you live in Portland or around the area you probably already know what it is. I'm really excited about this and think its will/has been alot of fun, I've been working there for the past 2 weeks and its been a really fun experience so far, something new to me that I havent really tried before, but definetly up my alley, since I have always been obsessed with music and going to shows.

I'm helping out Ian Paige, whos in charge of events that come through Space, and it seems like he's in charge of alot more that I'm not even sure of yet. It looks like I'm going to be helping book bands, send out emails etc. gathering information about incoming acts and hopefully be really involved in the web presence of SPACE, and doing blog updates. which they are really looking to do, and I'm happy I came in at the right time it seems.
Really excited to be there and just be able to help out in what there trying to do. and hopefully learn alot from it. Since I've graduated I feel like I havent been involved in things in Portland, and this is one big step in the right direction for me.

Things are looking up!


SPACE blog
SPACE website

No comments: