Tuesday, February 24, 2009

LA RIOTS @ Port City Music Hall poster

Just finished working on a new poster for the Port City Music Hall here in Portland, Maine. It's for my friends bryan at Hillytown.com and Andrew at Neon Garden. This was a tough poster to print, it's 5 colors, on 3 different color papers, so a good variation of colors and prints here, some work better than others but I'm pretty happy with it. I havent put this many colors in a prin in awhile so I wanted to push myself and do that many colors.
I also printed about 125 of these, and giving 100 of them to the music hall. Here's some process shots.

cutting paper is not as fun as it seems.
the basement!

I finally put in a hanging wire in my studio so I;m not putting the prints all over the floor and hallway to let them dry. This is probably one of the best things I've decided to do yet! very helpful.










jc














2 comments:

Bryan said...

looking sweet! can't wait to grab them and plaster them all over town!

ceci said...

Beautiful posters - thanks for the tour of a day in the life of a poster!

- ceci from PCMH