Monday, June 30, 2008

i dont usually do this...but

Yesterday I was checking out my favorite blog, omgposters.com. And it had some pretty amazing stuff on it, so i figured I would show you. the fist piece is by grafitti artist Saber, its caled "Crunch Time". its a 10 color screen print, which is pretty amazing in my book, and is super detailed, some day I would hope to be able to print something like this. Jetsetgraffiti.com

This piece is by Aaron Horkey, definetly one of the best illustrators/poster makers out there, i love all of his work. This is his newest poster for the band cable.
James jean's new piece for an AIDS awareness campaign. Besides this piece having a bunch of dicks on it, its pretty amazing, not my favorite James Jean piece ever, but almost all of his work is the best thing you will ever see. check out his stuff if you havent.

Then in the same blog theres this new terrible Shepard Fairey poster, i have got to say I dont even like Shepard Fairey or Obey very much, it started out kinda cool, but now I find all of there work really annoying and unoriginal. Even know so many people copy the whole obey look now, i still dont even look at obey being the first to make propaganda posters, because they definitly werent. They have been around forever, So whats with it being so big? This poster is the worst poster I've seen in awhile, its a good message, but still retarded, and doesent deserve to be in the same catagory as these other artists.

No comments: