Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about

I painted my first picture in years, its for the Index show we have in a few weeks. Its inspired from the imagery i'm using in my thesis profect with alot of drawing right on the wooden canvas'. I'm pretty proud of how it came out, i like it so much more from up close than i do from far away, i love the detail of the splatters, and the colors they create, it might be hard to tell from the pictures. hopefully it will look good in the gallery it will be hanging in.
The piece acrylic paint, coffee, micron pen, pencil, and root beer soda, "for the stain." it's approximatly 2.5 feet tall, and 5 feet wide. so its a pretty big piece for me, i dont usually work this big ever, my work tends to be smaller most of the time and very hand held. I'm not positive if I'm done with the piece, but for now i am, i might keep working on the left piece
alittle more, and have it have a better transition between the wood and the black splatter, but we'll see what i come up with in the next few days.

Until then, its bed time, goodnight everyone.




4 comments:

Sealth said...

That came out really well. I love the wood because it gives so much more texture and life to the quality of the paint and the overall image. Great colors, great organic feel and I also like how it was split up into 2 wooden pieces. Very cool! :)

Sealth said...

This came out really well. I love the wood and how the paint and the image look on top of it. Nice colors and I also like how you split it up into 2 wooden sections. Nicely done Kris!

kris johnsen said...

who is curious as a cat? just curious.

Sealth said...

That would be me Kris. Sealth!
Oh, I posted twice because I thought my first comment was not recieved. Keep em' both, or do what you will with them. :)