Saturday, February 02, 2008

Doug Scott Workshop 2008

The past thursday and friday the graphic design dept. had a visiting artist and we had a 2 day workshop with him. His name was Doug Scott, "he made the 'Zoom' logo." and some other stuff, i wasent to impressed with his body of work but he definetly knew what he was talking about and it was good to hear someone else not in our dept. talk about design and there experiences.
The project was to create a book using our influences, something i feel like I've done a million times this semester. I'm sick of talking about my influences and making pieces just about myself, after awhile its boring and all of my work turns out looking the same. which everyone constantly tells me.
The workshop was still a good experience and i had fun, seeing other peoples work was fun to.

The book is a accordian, 5 spreads, with a front and back cover.
"This project was a look into what inspires us as designers, so there is a lot of samples imagery in these pages, i'm not claiming that the mathew woodson or dan blakeslee images are mine."







This is a sketchbook that i made for myself the other day, I'm only going to use it for my thesis work, its just a sketchbook but i figure i havent put anything knew on here for aboout a month or more.





this is what i do at work when i get bored.

No comments: