Friday, November 09, 2007

a flight and a crash

Throughout the last semester I've had a class working in David Wolfe's studio, which is basically a studio full of older printing press machines. It's teaching us how things were printed before the computer and sending things off to printers, we're coming up with images and type and printing them ourselves by using font drawers and laying out our own type letter by letter and casting them in lead. It takes a great amount of time to do all this, alot more than it would to just design somthing and print it out, but somehow its much more satisfying doing it yourself.
I made a business card today in his studio, and the image below the business card is an emblem type thing I'm going to use for a screen print I want to do that I;ve been putting off doing becuase I'm very low on money at the moment. It will get done though. There are some other things we've been working on in his class, but there moetly just text related. maybe i'll post them later.



1 comment:

Thomas said...

Those are cool. I bet that is a lot of fun using printing presses. I wish I had access to that stuff.