Monday, December 04, 2006

ugly/beautiful book

So I've been working hard trying to come up with a concept for this typesetting book for my graphic design juniors class, I finally came up with one. The assignment is to answer these 20 some questions about graphic design and what it means to us, we need a concept for the book, and it should relate to the questions. I'm going off the question, "Does design have to be beautiful?" I'm trying to bring ugly and beautiful together in this 6 page layout, because I believe design can be ugly and beautiful at the same time. her are a few sketches I have so far, on one page there will be an uglier image, and on the other will be a more beautiful eye pleaseing image, the images will all be black line type drawing to keep the theme of them going together.






Heres some with the backround I am planning on using, its an old album over that I found on the street, I love the used lok it has. I'm planning on adding all the text at the botton of the page in a small font, I want to keep the laout fairly simple. The book should be done by the end of the week.
I'm actualy having fun with this project now, I have so much work due this week because its he last week of the semester, its a very stressful time. But what they say is true, when you dont treat an assignment like homework and do it for yourself, you have more fun, and your work always turns out 100 times better.

No comments: