Thursday, December 07, 2006

ugly/beautiful book 2

This is my final layout for the ugly/beautiful book, it was all drawn by hand and scanned into the computer, the backround is an old album cover that I've been holding onto for awhile, it has an amazing look to it, all worn, stains and alittle bit of mold on it. it made a good backround. All of the brownish greenish stains and red stains were put in seperatlly in InDesign and made somewhat transparent for a more real effect. As opposed to what I usually do and just stain right on the thing i'm working on, but with this project i wanted to create alot of the "dirty" look on the computer using different transparencys.

The layout is going to be professionally printed in a book with everyone else in the class. I cant wait to see how it looks in the book!
The writing tat goes along with the layout is what the layout is based off of. its questions we were all given and had to answer, then make a concept off of the guestions. Mine is an arguement saying that design doesent always have to be beautiful to be successful, and that ugly images, and dirty design can be just as beautiful.


I'm proud of this layout, it too me awhile to come up with a concept and an idea for a layout, but once i got something it came very fast for me. I'm still not 100% set on the font and size of the text i use, but for now i'm done with this piece.
I took pictures of the spreads becuase for some reason I couldent get them to look right when putting them in blogger.










No comments: