Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wendy



This is a poster which my studio class designed for an incoming artist at the school, the artist is a furniture maker and has alot of doors and sliders in her work, so we incorporated an opening door for the poster so it could be read from the outside and opened up with more text. The outside is screen printed on wood, which made for an interesting look, and is something that I've never printed on before. The inside is spray painted Japanese text for her name, date and place of the event. The inside also has octopus lets and tentacles spray varnished on it through a stencil that we made. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, I definitely see flaws in it now that its done, but hey, what are you gonna do. It was a fun assignment, just a challenge to take 10 different people's ideas and make it into one without leaving anyone out.

This project also showed me the screen printing dept. at my school, which i wasn't to familiar with since i transferred here and haven't been able to take a printmaking or screen printing class. So I think I'm definitely going to be working more in there making some posters of some sort hopefully very soon!

No comments: